It’s peach season at the moment – yellow, white and flat vine peaches too! Yum! This peach recipe is seasonal, light and though it does have a little sugar (in the syrup) and dairy, it can be made without these options. White peaches are particularly lovely in this recipe though all varieties, including nectarines can be used.
- 4 fresh white peaches, halved, stone removed (yellow peaches or nectarines can also be used)
- 180 g shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp softened organic butter or coconut oil
- 250g of organic thick sheep’s milk yogurt or “fromage blanc/frais” such as the ones from Bergerie or Vrai (found in organic food shops in the UK)
- 3 tbsp elderflower syrup + a little extra for drizzle (if you can’t find elderflower syrup, you can use 1-2 tbsp elderflower floral water (or cordial), rosewater or orange flower water, mixed into 3 tbsp of liquid honey)
- extra butter or coconut oil to grease
- edible flowers to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease a shallow oven-proof dish with butter or coconut oil, place the peach halves, cut side up, in the oven dish.
- Separate the pistachios in two batches. Finely grind half and roughly chop the other half. Mix them together, keeping aside a couple of tsp of the roughly chopped nuts to decorate.
- Combine pistachios, 2 tbsp of the elderflower syrup and the tbsp of butter/coconut oil into a thick paste. Place large spoonfuls of the paste into the hollow of each peach half.
- Drizzle each peach half with a little bit of the syrup.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until fruit is soft and a little golden.
- Mix the yogurt with the remaining tbsp of the elderflower syrup and refrigerate until service.
- Serve the peaches with a side dollop of the yogurt, sprinkle some of the remaining roughly chopped pistachio nuts and decorate with edible flowers.