What is Personal information and what do we collect?
Personal information is information that does or may identify you.
You do not have to share your personal information with us, but if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services, or answer any questions you may have asked us.
We may collect your personal information from a variety of sources. These include:
Personal information you provide to us directly.
This will include:
- Information when you register as a patient, including information obtained during short over-the-counter consultations
- The information you provide when you place an order
- When you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters or information about our products, offers and promotions
- Information given during a course or event run by Terra Sacra Ltd
Some of the personal information we collect may be sensitive information. This might include information about your health. We will only collect this information with your explicit consent. See more about sensitive information below.
When we collect use Sensitive Information
Sensitive information falls into a special category of personal information. This includes information relating to your health and medical history.
We only collect sensitive information in limited circumstances which include:
- When you register as a patient at Terra Sacra Ltd
- During a consultation with one of our health practitioners
- When you give us your personal details following an over-the-counter consultation either at our premises or by telephone or other electronic media
At Terra Sacra Ltd, we do not directly market to children. Our websites are designed and intended for use by adults.
How we use your personal information
We only collect, process and disclose your personal information for specific and limited purposes. These include:
- To administer any order you have placed with us;
- To send you the Terra Sacra Ltd newsletter;
- To provide you with information about Terra Sacra Ltd products and offers that we believe will be of genuine interest to you;
- To direct you to content within our site that we think is relevant to you;
- To answer any inquiry you may send to us;
- To authenticate that we are talking to the right person should we need to get in touch with you;
- To help us to understand and react to the changing interests and needs of our consumers so that we can improve our websites and our products.
Where required, we will obtain your consent to process your personal information. Where you have given consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please see withdrawing consent.
How we share your personal information
We do not sell your personal information to any third party.
We share your personal information internally within Terra Sacra Ltd and with selected third parties in the following circumstances:
- For blood analysis and modelling including for endobiogenic testing, if relevant
- For booking and administrative purposes with clinic staff
- To courier and logistics providers who ship products you
- Only with your permission, and in anonymity, for case studies or other relevant research
- may have ordered.
- With payment processors who administer secure payment options.
When we are legally required to disclose you information
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- When we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it;
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
- To respond to an emergency situation.
How we protect your personal data
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in appropriate IT security and ensuring that we encrypt and pseudonymise or anonymise personal information wherever possible.
Access to your personal information is only permitted among our employees on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you have purchased one of our products online, we will keep your personal information related to the purchase so we can perform the specific contract you have entered. After which, we will keep the personal information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the purchase.
Your personal information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you can enjoy your relationship with Terra Sacra Ltd.
Patient notes must be kept by law for a minimum of 7 years.
For a minor (under 16) they must be kept until that patient turns 25.
We will actively review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases pseudonymise or anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
Your rights as a data subject
This is a summary of your rights relating to the personal information we hold about you.
The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this charter.
The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us as set out below;
The right to data portability
The personal information you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
The right to be forgotten
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information. If you wish to delete the personal information we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
The right to restrict processing
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with any local Supervisory Authority about how we process our personal information;
The right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the details below.
If you wish to contact us about your personal information, including where you wish to withdraw consent or restrict certain processing activities, please email email@example.com